Back to Article List
Rye Brook PD Honor Awards
Release Date: October 14, 2015
Rye Brook Police Recognize Officers at Awards Ceremony
The Rye Brook Police Department held its annual awards ceremony on October 13, 2015 to honor police officers for distinguishing themselves through their actions and the performance of their duties. “This ceremony gives the community the opportunity to support through formal recognition the meritorious, courageous and acts of valor of the police officers of the Rye Brook Police Department” said Chief Greg Austin of the Rye Brook Police Department.
Chief Austin and Mayor Paul Rosenberg gave out awards to the police officers of the Rye Brook Police Department, Investigators from the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office, Port Chester Police Department and the Harrison Police Department.
The following officers were recognized:
Capture of two suspects burglarizing a home on January 4, 2011
Excellent Police Duty Award
Arrest of three suspects who robbed and shot two people on September 19, 2011
- P.O. Paul Apuzzi, Rye Brook Police Department
- Det Ryan Gilchrist Rye Brook Police Department
- D/Sgt Edward Detlefs and Police K9 Arby, Harrison Police Department
Unit Citation Award
A Civilian Lifesaving Award was given to Jason Dong of the United States Postal Service who led an elderly couple to safety when their home was engulfed in fire on January 4, 2012.
- D/Sgt. Terence Wilson, Rye Brook Police Department
- Det. Eric Dengler, Rye Brook Police Department
- Det. Ryan Gilchrist, Rye Brook Police Department
- Sr/Inv Richard Morra, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office
- Sr/Inv Edward Murphy, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office
- Inv. Michael LaRotonda, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office
- Inv. Amin Muhammad, Westchester County District Attorney’s Office
- Chief Richard Conway, Port Chester Police Department
Police Officer Craig Nolte of the Rye Brook Police Department received an Honorable Mention Citation for the arrest of a suspect in a stolen car that he tracked using his police vehicle LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System.
Police Officer Kieran Mutchler of the Rye Brook Police Department received a Life Saving Award for the resuscitation of a person in cardiac arrest who collapsed at the Rye Brook Athletic Fields on November 16, 2013.
An Honorable Mention Citation was awarded to Police Officer Paul D’Amore for the arrest of a suspect who vandalized a religious holiday display in Pine Ridge Park on December 21, 2014.