Village of Rye Brook, NY - Home
Village of Rye Brook, NY Let Us Help
Village of Rye Brook Offices
938 King Street
Rye Brook, NY 10573
Hours: M-F 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
Building Dept. @ 3:30 PM
Tel: (914) 939-1121

June 19, 2019
7:43 PM

Stay Informed! Sign-Up for CodeRED Alerts.

Village Green News  
Print this page Print this page Email this page Email this page

  Select News to View

Keep up to date with the current news and information.

Please select the year.
2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004

Back to Article List

Mayor's Storm Update (3/5/18)
Release Date: March 05, 2018

Dear Rye Brook Residents:

Here is the status of where we stand regarding the ongoing power outages and storm-related issues:


  • There are currently 213 outages in Rye Brook.
  • Con Edison maintains their position that 90% of the outages will be restored by 11:00 PM tomorrow (Tuesday) night.  The remaining 10% represents the single-family homes whose individual lines are down connecting their homes to the street power lines.  Those restorations may continue into Thursday. 
  • Road closures –Anderson Hill Road (south of Doral Arrowwood) and Upper Lincoln near King St.

Branches and Tree Limbs:

  • The Village public works staff will pick up storm-related limbs and branches up to four (4) inches in diameter and up to six (6) feet in length.  All such limbs and branches should be placed in an organized manner at the curb by the end of day next Monday, March 12th.  Please do not place any debris in the roadway.
  • Trees, logs and stumps must be removed by the property owner and should not be placed at the curb as they will not be picked up by the Village staff.
  • Street trees and limbs in the public right-of-way that have been damaged by the storm will be removed or trimmed by the Village public works staff or village contractor.

Tree Removals:

  • No tree removal permits are required for the removal of trees that have uprooted (i.e. fallen, leaning) during the storm as long as the homeowner (1) retains documentation (i.e. photos and/or detailed bill from a landscaper) and (2) calls their address into the public works department at (914) 939-0753 on or before Monday, March 12th.

Warming/Charging Center:

  • Warming/Charging Center open today (Monday) at the AJP Community Center, 32 Garibaldi Place, until 7:00 PM (later if necessary).

I know I sound like a broken record, but we are working as we can to get power restored, and I feel horrible that some of you have been displaced since Friday night.  We are pushing Con Ed in conjunction with the county to get this work done prior to the upcoming snowstorm.


Paul S. Rosenberg
Mayor, Village of Rye Brook

Site Map | Comments | Privacy Policy | Powered by Cit-E-Net
© 2019 The Village of Rye Brook, N.Y. All Rights Reserved.