The first week of June has posed numerous challenges to the Village's new sanitation company, Waste Services. In their first week Waste Services has experienced heavier then normal volume of material, becoming familiar with the Villages geographic boundaries with Port Chester and Greenwich and finally becoming familiar with conditions specific to each residence in the Village such as exact location of sanitation receptacles. Waste Services has been working late into the evening to complete their routes, pick up missed collection stops and similar. Missed collection calls do continue to occur, but they are declining.
Village Staff continue to process resident concerns such as missed collections, recycling questions, and no pickups. Your patience and politeness are appreciated when calling in, please do continue to call Sanitation at 914-939-0111 and provide your name, specific street address, phone number where you can be reached, type of trash and the time it was placed out.
Should you have received an “OOPS! Sticker” on your material, please do refer to your sanitation calendar explaining possible reasons for stickering, should you need further information please do contact Village staff at 914-939-0111 or email Shari at email@example.com.
Residents should note the following information:
- Garbage must be visible and easily accessable to the sanitation workers - it cannot be in sheds or inside garages
- Recyclables are NOT to be placed out in plastic bags (Westchester County Protocol)
- Green waste is NOT to be placed out in plastic bags (Westchester County Protocol)
- Care should be taken leaving items that may be construed as garbage next to your sanitation receptacles
- Actual times of collection will vary from the past provider. Please place trash out prior to or by 6:00 AM the day of collection
- Missed collection calls will be collected by the end of the day by Waste Services
- Televisions and Computer Monitors are not collected by the Sanitation company, such items shall be disposed of properly at a recycle center. For more information please call the sanitation Dept..
Very truly yours,
Michal J. Nowak.