WELCOME TO RBTV & RBPATV
Rye Brook's Government and Public Access Channels
RBTV is on Cablevision Channel 75 and Verizon FiOS Channel 24
RBPATV is on Cablevision Channel 76 and Verizon FiOS Channel 46
Who We are
What is Government Access Cable?
- The Rye Brook Television Station, RBTV, cablecasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week over Cablevision channel 75 and Verizon FiOS channel 24. The Rye Brook Public Access Television Station, RBPATV, cablecasts 24 hours a day, seven days a week over Cablevision channel 76 and Verizon FIOS channel 46.
What is Public Access Cable?
- Government Access is focused on providing information to the community related to government affairs, including, but not limited to, videotaped meetings of the Village of Rye Brook Board of Trustees and other boards, councils, commissions, committees or any other elected or appointed bodies of the Village of Rye Brook and the display of government-related messages.
- Public Access Cable television is the means through which all residents of the Village of Rye Brook may use and take advantage of the powerful medium of television. Examples of public access, non-government related uses are activities in the Community such as arts, religion, public affairs, and recreation (excluding the Rye Brook Recreation Department).
RBPATV Community Billboard
The RBPATV Community Billboard is a communications platform enabling the Rye Brook community and surrounding areas to share information about noncommercial events and services. Any organization, institution or entity with a non-commercial event or service can submit an announcement to be broadcast on the Community Billboard. The Community Billboard is a free service that airs on the Public Access Channel during all hours unassigned to television programming.
The RBPATV Community Billboard is a computer generated listing of events, activities and services in Rye Brook and the surrounding areas. All listings must be non-commercial in nature and messages submitted shall be cablecast at the discretion of the Public Access Coordinator and are subject to all Rules herein.
Rules & Guidelines
- Announcements may be submitted by the submission of a flyer or a text description of the event or service. All submissions may be emailed, faxed or mailed to the Public Access Coordinator.
- All submissions must contain the name, address and phone number of the applicant.
- Announcements must be received no less than 3 business days prior to the desired cablecast date of the announcement.
- Community billboard messages are limited to the lesser of 30 words or 200 characters, including spaces.
- All information submitted must be reviewed by the billboard user for content and accuracy. RBPATV reserves the right to edit any and all submitted announcements.
- RBPATV will work to honor all requests. However, if rules and guidelines are not followed your announcement may not be posted.
Public Access Television
Showcase your talents, views and interests on local cable television, through Rye Brook Public Access. Residents and organizations that operate within the Village are welcome to submit videotaped programs for cablecast. For further information please see the Public Access Guidelines or contact the Public Access Coordinator.