The Building Department provides a wide variety of services to the residents and business owners within the Village. It is the agency responsible for timely and consistent interpretation and enforcement of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention & Building Code, as well as the Code of the Village of Rye Brook. Through proper plan review, field inspections, and code enforcement, this department helps to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all who live, work and visit in the Village of Rye Brook.Some of the department’s responsibilities:
- Perform building & construction plan review to ensure compliance with State and Village Building and Zoning Codes.
- Review and forward permit applications to the appropriate Village Board, (Zoning Board of Appeals, Architectural Board of Review, Planning Board, Board of Trustees), and document their findings.
- Issue Building Permits, Demolition Permits, Plumbing & Electrical Permits, Fire Sprinkler Permits, Fuel Tank Removal & Installation Permits.
- Perform field construction inspections to ensure compliance with all applicable State and Village codes, and issue the appropriate inspection report.
- Issue Certificates of Occupancy, and Certificates of Compliance as required.
- Perform Fire Inspections on commercial properties, multi-family dwellings, places of public assembly, and perform follow-up inspections to ensure compliance.
- Investigate complaints pertaining to Village Ordinances, and State Building Codes, and take appropriate action to ensure compliance.